POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature requests : Feature requests Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:19:40 EDT (-0400)
  Feature requests
From: Rohan Bernett
Date: 9 Sep 2002 02:35:04
Message: <web.3d7c3fe93a4d0e17d02c7b870@news.povray.org>
Here are a couple of features that should be included in POV-Ray 4.0

Bi-cubic texture filtering -- looks one hell of a lot better than bilinear,
I can't understand why this hasn't been added yet.

More transparency options for true colour image maps -- eg. set one colour
to transparent, allow loading of a transparency map.

Fixes for the glitches mentioned in the QandT section of the help files.

Fix for the photons glitch I mentioned in an earlier post.

Hopefully the POV-Team should be able to implement these in the next version
(although it would be nice to have a little update for v3.5 adding the
bicubic filtering).

If anyone else gets any ideas, how about posting them in replies to this
post? That would keep all the feature requests together, make things nice
and neat.

Rohan _e_ii